Happy Count Your Blessings Day!!

every other day, people talk about money money money... except thanksgiving day... wonder why that is. few of us will say "i am thankful for money" so why do so many people focus so much of their daily lives on it?! it's different if you say you're thankful you have a job and can provide for you and your family. i just find so many people hold money so highly and it's yet another thing you can't take with you in the end. it's not what really matters, not for me at least.

personally,
i am thankful for God, because He stays blessing me, and i am blessed to have Him in my life! i am thankful for my family, because they love me for me, are always there for me, and support me no matter what i do. i am thankful for my friends, because they are amazing people who keep me laughing and keep me sane. i am thankful for my health, because did i ever tell yall i'm a miracle baby and i wasn't even supposed to enter the world?! i am thankful for my education, because although i often say i hate being in school, i know it's more than a great opportunity that i can say that i am in college and learn the things i do, plus deep down i love it... deeeeeep down. i am thankful for a place to live and realize it's a blessing, because each day i walk across the park on campus, i see people that can't say the same thing. i am thankful for my struggles, because they have taught me so much, have made me stronger, and have made me the person i am today. i am thankful for the fact that i am alive, [duh!] and i hope that while i am, i can impact people's lives for the better. i am thankful for art, [fashion, music, etc.], because it keeps me inspired and motivated. all in all, i am thankful for everything in my life, because i KNOW i have more than enough to be thankful for, and for that, i am grateful.

today, few of us talk about materialistic things... because at the end of the day those things don't really matter. let's make everyday like today. remember what you say you are thankful for and start focusing your life around that. & don't just be thankful today--be thankful EVERY DAY! be thankful for each and every day that you get, because remember--tomorrow is not promised; it's a Blessing.

don't take anything for granted.

on a lighter note,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
& eat some yummy foods for me!

♥g

p.s. for those that aren't celebrating the thanksgiving holiday today or ever... have a great day! & stay thankful.


(what inspired me to write some of the things i wrote in this post >> here).

0 comments:

up!