Merry Christmas [Eve]!!

hey loves!

it's christmas eve. it honestly doesn't feel like it for me. but then again, i'm not really sure when christmas ever felt like the "traditional" christmas for me. we never did the whole set up the christmas tree. sing carols. put gifts under the tree. family come to visit. decorate the house. none of those things. & you know what... yeah i've always wanted that--and one day my family and i will have it. but tomorrow is more than that. more than the lights and gifts. it's Jesus's birthday!! & it's ALWAYS been that at my house.

maybe it's not the best christmas i've ever had. maybe i won't get any gifts tomorrow. sometimes it happens that way. i get it. times are hard. they've always been hard. & i figure i get "gifts" all throughout the year that i don't need anything on one specific day. i've always had that mentality. i'd rather my parents NOT give me anything and save that money for... idk---tuition?! or maybe a... CAR to take up to school? either way, i have everything i could possibly need. my friend reminded me just today that it's okay if i don't celebrate christmas like everyone else--think about all the other people in the world that would love to be in my shoes. i have a family to come home to, i'm gettin my education on, i have plenty of clothes to wear, i'm pretty healthy [haha], etc. >> so many things to be thankful for. [hey, a j-o-b would be splendid though]...

merry christmas [or whatever you celebrate tomorrow] and i hope yall have a great one. remember what's truly important this holiday season. enjoy your gifts, but most of all, enjoy the things that are priceless in your life. :)

♥g

p.s. none of this was written for your sympathy. i just speak on honest terms.
p.p.s. it smells like fried fish in my house. i hate the smell of fish. i'm disgusted and the smell won't go away. ew.

0 comments:

up!